Friday, September 29, 2006

Closer

So, I rewatched this movie again tonight... I'm trying to figure out why I like it.

It's not the type of movie that makes people feel good about relationships. But, I think it addresses questions that most people ask themselves at one point in time.

...What makes us fall in love?
...What is that pivotal moment? That warm fuzzy feeling?
...Are those feelings "real"?
...Why do people lie? Cheat?
...When did love become so selfish?

I like this movie because it's brutaly honest.

Don't get me wrong, I still like my sap-hap endings, the knight saves the princess and all that jazz... but a dose of reality is nice.

Not all fairytales have a happy ending... and sometimes endings are.. well...endings and nothing more.

But in this film, the ending is not just an ending.. it's my favorite part. The story finishes the way it started... with a moment.